Verizon will be installing fiber optic cables and associated equipment at the southeast corner of Clark and Aldine starting Wednesday, March 20th, 2019. These improvements will enhance speed and dependability of wireless communications in the area.
The impacted area of the project is depicted below.
Type of Construction: The fiber optic cables will be installed underground (within the city’s right-of-way) via an open cut street trench. This work will also include the installation of one (1) new street light pole. After installation, splicing of fiber optics cable will be performed to complete the project. In the event that pedestrian or vehicle traffic needs to be altered to accommodate construction equipment, barriers and signage will be installed to ensure the safety of those in the area. Any disturbed areas will receive an immediate temporary restoration solution, with a permanent restoration to previous or better condition to be performed later.
Impacted Area: Construction will start on N. Clark St. before continuing east in the street to W. Aldine Ave. Crews will then continue north in the alley, east of N. Clark St., where they will complete their work.
Work Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on arterial streets and 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on non-arterial streets (Monday through Friday)
- 857 – 870 W Aldine Ave. on 03/22/2019 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- 857 – 870 W Aldine Ave. from 03/25/2019 through 03/29/2019 between the hours of 07:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Project Duration: Wednesday, March 20th through Sunday, March 31st
- Meade Electric Co., Inc. (contractor) : Chris Hanlon at (773)447-6627
- Ledcor (Construction Manager) : Alex Srajer at (312)898-0129
- Verizon/MCI-WORLDCOM (ATS) : Oscar Guerrero at (312)453-8130