Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center Development
Phase III Construction
In order to achieve 100% private rooms throughout the campus, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center plans to build a tower expansion consisting of 232 universal-size private rooms and a replacement birthing center. For more information on this project, please refer to the Advocate’s current draft proposal – Draft Construction Proposal (09/22/21)
Phase II Construction
- 913 W. Wellington (Behavioral Health Services and Pediatric Development Center): Construction of this building has been completed.
- Sheffield building: Construction of this building has been completed..
- Demolition of the 3040/3048 N. Wilton building: Demolition of the 3040/3048 N. Wilton building will begin in early July with completion in August. Work hours for the demolition will adhere to the City of Chicago noise ordinance, Monday-Sunday, 8 am to 8 pm (7 days a week) and construction/truck traffic will NOT impact Barry Ave.Please anticipate some construction noise, traffic disturbances, and street closures as these projects progress this summer:
- Minor noise from engine idling will continue during the daytime hours.
- More substantial noise, street closures, and traffic disturbances in the surrounding area will occur for street paving activities.
Please contact Illinois Masonic Medical Center or the City of Chicago 44th Ward office with any questions or concerns.