The Center for Advanced Care will be located on the Illinois Masonic Medical Center campus, attached directly to the existing main hospital building. The Planned Development (PD) for the Center for Advanced Care has been approved. It is currently under construction and will be completed by April 2015.
- The Center for Advanced Care will allow Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center to enhance its Digestive Health, Ambulatory Surgery and Cancer Care services.
- The new building will serve as an outpatient facility, open from 7 am to 7 pm, Monday through Friday.
- The Center for Advanced Care will be attached to the main hospital building across Nelson Street, creating easy access throughout the hospital.
- The building was designed using materials consistent and compatible with the character of the neighborhood and appropriate for a world-class, contemporary medical facility. We are evaluating and considering materials used throughout the Lake View neighborhood and Illinois Masonic Medical Center.
- They are building green and seeking Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification.
- Two green roofs will be incorporated.