Community Requested Design Changes
- Significant glass added to highlight commercial spaces and lighten the first floor.
- Commercial spaces will be leased or used by Howard Brown.
- Awning added to make the building more approachable from street level.
Fifth and Sixth Floors
- Removed 6th floor decreasing eight by 10 feet
- Increased the set-back from 9 feet to 14 feet on both Halsted and Cornelia
- From the ground, deeper set-back obscures (fully or partially, depending on the perspective) 5th floor
- Outdoor canopy eliminated to minimize overall building impact.
- Changed the color of the brick to better match the neighborhood.
- Combined increased the use of glass to lighten the impact of the building.
- Sun study shows that the building casts minimal shadows only during winter months in the morning on Halsted neighbors.
Click here to view the most recent renderings.
Initial presentation at next Triangle Neighbors Meeting
Wednesday – March 11th, 2020
19th District Police Station – Community Room
850 W. Addison Street, Chicago, IL 60613