Our office is NOT ABLE to create new resident records. If you do not have a resident record in the system, the Office of the City Clerk must create a record prior to our office being able to sell you permits.
- Proof of your address and a photo ID must be emailed to EZBUY@cityofchicago.org. This process can take up to seven business days. To check if you live in a zoned parking area and are able to purchase guest passes, click here.
- You MUST have a resident record created PRIOR to purchasing passes from our office.
- Credit and debit card are the ONLY forms of payment accepted for purchase of residential parking guest passes at our ward office.
- Residents can purchase up to three sheets of permits, per residential unit, every 30 days. Each sheet of 15 daily permits is $8.00.
Passes are available for purchase at all City Clerk sales locations. To view these locations and their corresponding hours of operation, please click here.
One-Day Residential Parking Guest Permits (which are valid for 24 hours from the time written on the permit) are available to 44th Ward residents.
- Photo ID
- Proof of residency (current lease or current utility bill; a driver’s license with your current 44th Ward address is valid for both an ID and proof of residency). For additional acceptable documents, please click here.
- Your proof of residency can either be paper or electronic.
You can also purchase permits online from the City Clerk’s website. Please allow a minimum of 14 days to receive your sticker and guest passes. Please note: if you have purchased Residential Guest Passes online but have not received them, we are unable to print them, as the system allows residents to purchase up to 45 passes per residential unit every 30 days.
Tips to Avoid Parking Tickets When Using Residential Parking Guest Passes
- Use Ink to write the time and date on the parking pass
- Be sure to circle AM or PM
- If you make a mistake, DO NOT alter/change the information, destroy the pass and use a new one
- The pass must be affixed to the passenger side of the windshield and not placed on the dashboard.
- Cubs Night Game Enforcement BEGINS at 5PM. Vehicles failing to display a properly completed permit are subject to ticket and tow.
- Residents purchasing Daily Permits must reside at a Chicago address, which must be demonstrated through proof of address.
- Daily Permits are guest passes that are valid for 24 hours from the date and time of display, on the lower passenger side corner of the windshield.
- By law, the date and time must be legibly printed in permanent ink.
- A customer with multiple residences within a single zone is limited to three Daily Permit sheets – or 45 permits – per 30-day period.
- Daily Permits expire December 31st each year.
- Daily permits are not refundable, whether purchased online or in person.
- A customer’s expiration date for their Resident record for their ability to purchase Daily Permits will vary, depending on documentation provided.
- Purchasers must not provide false or otherwise misleading information, or attempt to violate the 45 permits per household per 30 days limit.
- The Office of the City Clerk reserves the right to temporarily disqualify a purchaser from the program if it is determined they have attempted to violate the rules regulating the Chicago Residential Parking Daily Permit Program.
- The Office of the City Clerk reserves the right to void any order – and void shipment of the order – if it is determined a purchase was made fraudulently.
- Once an order is placed online, IT CANNOT BE CANCELLED NOR CAN BE PRINTED AT ANY CITY CLERK LOCATION OR WARD OFFICE.
- Any online order not claimed within 90 days, regardless of reason, shall be deemed forfeit and un-claimable. Such online order shall not be available for no fee re-issue.