Wrigley Field Concerts 9/16 – 9/18
Guns N’ Roses Thursday 9/16
Dead & Company Friday & Saturday 9/17 & 9/18
· Dead & Co. as a band has issued COVID-19 guidelines for all concert attendees to adhere to mandating the vaccination of all attendees for entry or requiring a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of concert entry at Wrigley Field. Entry will not be permitted otherwise. For complete details, visit mlb.com/cubs/tickets/concerts/dead-and-company.
· General Admission: The Cubs have designated General Admission line for early arriving fans with General Admission tickets to lessen impacts to the neighborhood. Beginning at 10 a.m. CDT on the day of the concert, fans with General Admission tickets may line up on the north side of Waveland Avenue from the corner of Waveland and Sheffield avenues toward the east for entry. The Cubs will employ security personnel to help ensure fans do not line up in advance of the show.
Parking Restrictions- September 16th, 17th, 18th 2pm-Midnight
Clark – Both Sides- Newport to Addison
Clark – East Side Only- Waveland to Irving Park
Addison- Clark to Racine- Both Sides
Addison- Wilton to Sheffield- Both Sides
Addison – South Side Only- Clark to Sheffield
Street Closures (Full Street Closures)
Sheffield (Addison to Waveland) Full Street Closure (Except Fire Lane)
Beginning September 13th at 6am through September 19th at 6pm
Waveland (Sheffield to Kenmore) Full Street Closure (Except Fire Lane)
Beginning September 13th at 6am through September 19th at 6pm
Parking Restriction for Concert Setup/Take Down 9/13 – 9/19
Racine– Grace to Green Lot Entrance – East Side Only
Sheffield– 3700-3721- No Parking – Both Sides – Trucks will be entering and exiting the parking lot on the west side of Sheffield
Irving Park – Clark to Sheffield – Both Sides
What to Expect as Concert Setup/Takedown Takes Place
- Truck(s), Crane(s), Forklift(s), etc. will line up on Waveland September 13th and proceed to Sheffield where they will be unloaded and move materials into the Ballpark.
- Wrigley Field will be transformed into a concert venue with the installation of staging, sound and lighting equipment. Seating areas will be added to field.
- The Lights at Wrigley Field will be on throughout the week as the Concert Setup/Takedown takes place.
Sound & Lighting Checks
Sound and Lighting Checks are anticipated on September 15th
Sound checks should also be anticipated on the day of each concert September 16th, 17th, and 18th
Lights will be on OVERNIGHT on September 13th
Lights will be on at least until Midnight September 14th and 15th
On the show days (September 16th, 17th, 18th), the lights will be on OVERNIGHT.
- Trucks will be traveling from the Green Lot at Grace and Racine to the ballpark via both Clark and Sheffield, during both setup and takedown.
- Please anticipate interment street closures on Sheffield from Irving Park to Waveland to allow equipment to safely proceed to/from the ballpark.
Concert Day Highlights
Guns N’Roses Concert – Thursday September 16th
Gates Open at 4:30 PM and Show begins at 6:00 PM
Dead & Company Concerts
Friday & Saturday September 17th and 18th
Gates Open at 4:30 PM and Show begins at 6:30 PM
- Residential Permit Parking will be in effect. Vehicles parked in violation of the Residential Permit Parking regulations are subject to ticket.
- Priority Towing will take place in all special areas designated as No Parking (Clark, Addison, Waveland, Sheffield and Racine).
- Vehicles parking in violation of parking regulations resulting in a public hazard, such as Bus Stops No Parking/Tow Zones, crosswalks, driveways, alleys, etc. will be strictly enforced and are subject to Ticket & Tow.
- The Cubs Hotline will be open One Hour before until Two Hours after the concert (1-866-427-3869).
- General complaints regarding the concert should be directed to the Chicago Cubs at 773-404-CUBS or via email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- During Pre & Post Concerts, at the discretion of the Police and/or OEMC, Addison between Racine and Halsted may be closed to vehicular traffic as a Public Safety measure. Traffic will then be rerouted North/South on Racine/Halsted. While this may be inconvenient, public safety is of the utmost importance.
- “Hospitality Teams” an independent third party hired by the Chicago Cubs will be throughout the neighborhood between 9pm and 1am. The team aims to provide a visible presence in the community. Look for the team in bright yellow jackets!
- Residents are encouraged to contact either the Night Game Hotline
(1-866-427-3869) or 911 to report problems and issues.
- TAILGAITING AND ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION ON THE PUBLIC WAY ARE PROHIBITED AND WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
- LOITERING WILL NOT BE PERMITTED ON ANY STREETS SURROUNDING WRIGLEY FIELD INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO; CLARK, ADDISON, WAVELAND AND SHEFFIELD.
- General Admission: The Cubs have designated General Admission line for early arriving fans with General Admission tickets to lessen impacts to the neighborhood. Beginning at 10 a.m. CDT on the day of the concert, fans with General Admission tickets may line up on the north side of Waveland Avenue from the corner of Waveland and Sheffield avenues toward the east for entry. The Cubs will employ security personnel to help ensure fans do not line up in advance of the show.
- Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID Test will be required for entry to the Dead & Company Concerts. Please check with the Chicago Cubs for detailed requirements 773-404-CUBS.
Limo, Ride Share and Taxi Information
In an effort to minimize the impact of traffic in the community around Wrigley Field, the Chicago Police Department, and OEMC have established the following drop-off & pick up regulations for Taxis, limousines, and car services for the concerts:
· Limousines and car services must stage on Irving Park Road. All drop off and pickup must occur on Irving Park Road between Clark and Seminary (East of Clark).
· Taxis will stage on Clark south of Addison in the southbound curb lane.
Remote Parking Lot & Bicycle Check Service-
- Parking is available at the remote lot, located at 3900 N. Rockwell, with a free shuttle to the concerts. The remote lot will be open 3 hours prior to each show.
- Free bicycle check service will be available near the main entrance at the CTA Red Line Addison stop.