Articles under Wrigley Field News
The Cubs will open their 60-game season Friday, July 24, at 6:10 p.m. CDT against the Milwaukee Brewers at Wrigley Field.
Dead & Company- Friday, June 14th and Saturday, June 15th
Gates open at 4:30 p.m. and shows begin at 6:30 p.m.
Parking Restrictions- June 14th and 15th: 3:00 p.m. to Midnight
- Clark – Both sides- Newport to Addison
- Clark – East side only- Waveland to Irving Park
- Addison- Wilton to Clark- Both sides
- Addison – North side Only- Clark to Southport
- Irving Park – Clark to Seminary- Both sides
- Eddy– Clark to first alley west- Both sides
- Newport– Clark to first alley west- Both sides
- Cornelia– Clark to first alley west- Both sides
- Patterson– Clark to Racine- Both sides
Full Street Closures- June 10th through June 16th
- Sheffield – Addison to Waveland (Except Fire Lane)
- Waveland – Sheffield to Kenmore (Except Fire Lane)
Parking Restrictions for Concert Setup and Take Down June 10th through June 16th
- Grace– Racine to Green Lot Entrance – North side only
- Sheffield– 3700-3721 North – Both sides – Trucks will be entering and exiting the parking lot on the west side of Sheffield
What to expect as concert setup and take down occurs:
- Trucks, cranes, forklifts, etc. will line up on Waveland and proceed to Sheffield where they will be unloaded to move materials into the Ballpark.
- Trucks will be traveling from both Irving Park between Clark and Sheridan/Sheffield and the Camry Green Lot at Grace and Racine to the ballpark during both setup and take-down.
- Wrigley Field will be transformed into a concert venue with the installation of staging, sound and lighting equipment. Seating areas will be added to field.
- Lights at Wrigley Field will be on throughout the week as concert setup and take down occurs.
- Wrigley Field lights will be on OVERNIGHT June 14th through June 16th.
Concert Day Highlights
- Residential Permit Parking restrictions will be enforced. Vehicles parked in violation of the Residential Permit Parking regulations are subject to ticket.
- Priority towing will take place in all special areas designated as “No Parking.”
- Violation of parking regulations resulting in a public hazard, such as in bus stops, No Parking/Tow Zones, crosswalks, driveways, alleys, etc. will be strictly enforced and are subject to ticket and tow.
- Residents are encouraged to contact the Night Game Hotline (1-866-4CPD-TOW) to report quality of life issues requiring police attention. Please call 911 in cases of emergency.
- General complaints regarding the concert should be directed to the Chicago Cubs at 773-404-CUBS or via email at email@example.com.
- Addison between Racine and Halsted may be closed to vehicular traffic as a public safety measure at the discretion of the CPD and/or OEMC before and after concerts. Traffic will be rerouted north/south on Racine/Halsted. While this may be inconvenient, public safety is of the utmost importance.
- “Hospitality Teams” an independent third party hired by the Chicago Cubs will be throughout the neighborhood between 9:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m. The teams aim to provide a visible presence in the community. Look for them in bright yellow jackets!
- TAILGATING AND ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION ON THE PUBLIC WAY ARE PROHIBITED. VIOLATIONS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
2019 Cubs Opening Day Information
As Wrigley Field and local businesses prepare for the upcoming baseball season, expect increased traffic and delivery trucks in the area surrounding the ballpark on Clark, Sheffield, Waveland and Addison.
- Opening Day is Monday April 8th with a scheduled start time of 1:20pm. Gates will open at least two hours prior to the game.
- OPENING DAY PARKING RESTRICTIONS: Monday, April 8th 10 a.m. – midnight
Please note, vehicles parked in these areas will be ticketed and towed beginning promptly at 10:00 a.m.:
- Addison from Racine to Fremont (both sides)
- Addison from Clark west to approximately 1107 W. Addison (south side)
- Clark from Newport to Irving Park (both sides)
- Patterson from Clark to Racine (both sides)
- Eddy and Cornelia from Clark to the alley west of Clark (both sides)
- Residential Permit Parking (Zone 383) will be strictly enforced. As an added neighborhood protection, Permit Parking Zone 383 from Belmont to Irving and Broadway to Ashland within the 44th Ward is a Tow Zone from 5pm to 10pm. Vehicles parked in violation of Residential Permit Parking regulations are subject to ticket and/or tow beginning at 5pm for all night games.
- Residential Parking Guest Passes are valid on night games and must be properly completed and displayed on the passenger side windshield no later than 5pm.
- It is illegal for any person or organization, to offer for sale, expose for sale or acquire for the purpose of sale any residential parking permit or daily parking permit. This includes posting permits for sale on websites or offering permits in conjunction with event tickets. Violators are subject to a fine of up to $1500 and banned from purchasing residential daily parking permits.
- Reminders: There is No Parking on Addison (North Side) from Clark to Ashland from 4pm until 11:30pm during all night games and on Eddy (North Side) from Racine East to the Brown Lot Entrance two Hours before until one hour after all baseball games.
- Vehicles in violation of parking regulations resulting in a public safety hazard, such as Bus Stops No Parking/Tow Zones, crosswalks, driveways, alleys, etc. are subject to immediate ticket and tow.
- The Cubs Hotline is operated one hour before until two hours after all baseball games and concerts. To report parking violations and other quality of life issues, please call 1-866-427-3869 that require Police attention. Please call 911 for Police emergencies. Any issues or comments pertaining to the Baseball game or Concert should be directed to the Chicago Cubs at (773)404-CUBS or Neighbors@cubs.com.
- The Police/OEMC will be implementing traffic “slowdowns” in order to regulate the amount of traffic coming into the area at the same time. In addition, during Pre & Post Game, at the discretion of the Police / OEMC, Addison between Racine and Halsted and Clark between Newport/Sheffield and Grace may be closed to vehicular traffic as a Public Safety measure. While this may be inconvenient, public safety is of the utmost importance.
- Truck traffic is prohibited in the Wrigley Field Security Perimeter bound by Belmont and Irving Park /Halsted and Racine two hours prior and until one hour after all games and concerts.
- Expect heightened police presence and enhanced security measures throughout the Wrigley Field Area. Please have Identification available for presentation to any law enforcement officer or traffic management agent upon request.
Chicago Cubs vs. Colorado Rockies
When: Tuesday October 2, 2018 at 7:05 p.m.
Where: Wrigley Field
Posted Parking Restrictions at the direction of the Chicago Police Department
- Addison from Clark to Racine (south side) 2:00 p.m. to Midnight
- Addison from Fremont to Wilton (both sides) 4:00 p.m. to Midnight
- Clark from Newport to Cornelia (both sides) 5:00 p.m. to Midnight
- Residential Permit Parking will be in effect. Vehicles parked in violation of the Residential Permit Parking regulations are subject to ticket.
- Priority Towing will take place in all special areas designated as No Parking
- Vehicles parking in violation of parking regulations resulting in a public hazard, such as Bus Stops No Parking/Tow Zones, crosswalks, driveways, alleys, etc. will be strictly enforced and are subject to Ticket & Tow.
- Residents are encouraged to contact the Night Game Hotline (1-866-427-3869) to report quality of life issues requiring POLICE ATTENTION.
- Please call 911 in cases of emergency.
- General complaints regarding the game should be directed to the Chicago Cubs at 773-404-CUBS or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Hospitality Teams” an independent third party hired by the Chicago Cubs will be throughout the neighborhood. The team aims to provide a visible presence in the community.
- TAILGAITING AND ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION ON THE PUBLIC WAY ARE PROHIBITED AND WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
- LOITERING WILL NOT BE PERMITTED ON ANY STREETS SURROUNDING WRIGLEY FIELD INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO; CLARK, ADDISON, WAVELAND AND SHEFFIELD.