If you are a senior citizen, 65 years of age or older, living in a condominium, town home or co-op and you share a water meter and pay a water bill in conjunction with other units in your building or complex, you may apply for the Senior Citizen Sewer Rebate. The amount of the refund is $50.00 per calendar year.
- The rebate program only applies to condos, townhomes, and co-ops.
- You must file for this rebate on an annual basis.
Where do I send my Senior Citizen Sewer Rebate application and supporting documents?
Eligible applicants must send their completed claim forms and supporting documentation to:
City of Chicago, Department of Finance
P.O. Box 6330
Chicago, Illinois 60680-6330
Or e-mail completed claim forms and supporting documentation to:
What information do I need to submit?
- The most recent water bill
- Proof of homestead deduction (2nd installment of most recent tax bill or approved application for the senior homestead deduction)
- Proof of Age (Driver’s License, state ID, passport, or birth certificate)
- Complete application, (Application link will be posted once available)