Hubbard Street Group is planning to redevelop the property located at the corner of Clark, Belmont and Halsted (3179 North Clark Street) into a two-story commercial development with underground parking. The property is currently improved with a two-story building occupied by Fifth Third Bank and a surface parking lot.
The project will be constructed on the entire footprint of the site and reach a maximum height of approximately 48 feet. The new development will include approximately 59,000 square feet of new retail / commercial space on two floors, including over 20,000 square feet of ground floor space along the approximately 295 feet of continuous retail frontage on Belmont Street.
The underground parking level will be accessed off of Clark Street, and loading will be accessed off of Halsted Street. The property is currently zoned B3-3 and B3-2, and the development will be built as-of-right with the existing zoning.
Development Related CTA Bus Stop Changes
Due to the upcoming redevelopment at 3179 Clark, the following bus stop changes will be in effect starting Monday, August 9, 2021 through August 8, 2022 (or upon completion).
- Southbound Halsted #8 bus stop will be moved from just south of Belmont to just north of Belmont
- Eastbound Belmont #77 bus stop will be moved from just east of Clark to just west of Clark
- Northbound Clark #22 bus stop will be temporarily eliminated at Belmont. Passengers can board #22 buses on Clark, just north of Barry or on Clark, just south of Aldine.
Construction Logistics Updates
- Friday, 8/6 – Fencing installed within property line for work commencement.
- Wednesday, 8/18 – Pedestrian sidewalk canopies for temporary sidewalk relocations on Belmont and Clark Street immediately adjacent to building
- Mid to Late September – Full Scope of Sidewalk Relocations along Clark, Belmont and Halsted (per Site Logistics Plan)