2021 Cubs Annual Meeting Recap
As Wrigley Field and local businesses prepare for the upcoming baseball season, expect increased traffic and delivery trucks in the area surrounding the ballpark on Clark, Sheffield, Waveland and Addison.
- Opening Day is Thursday April 1st with a scheduled start time of 1:20pm. Gates will open approximately 90 minutes prior to the first pitch. The Chicago Cubs have implemented a number of changes and protocols for the 2021 Season. Please visit the Cubs website www.cubs.com for specific details.
- Currently, capacity is limited up to 25%, which is approximately 10,000 fans. As capacity increases are announced, updated information will be provided. At this time, all events (concerts) outside of 81 scheduled home games are preliminary and will be updated at a later date.
- Residential Permit Parking (Zone 383) will be strictly enforced. As an added neighborhood protection, Permit Parking Zone 383 from Belmont to Irving and Broadway to Ashland within the 44th Ward is a Tow Zone from 5pm to 10pm. Vehicles parked in violation of Residential Permit Parking regulations are subject to ticket and/or tow beginning at 5pm for all night games.
- Residential Parking Guest Passes are valid on night games and must be properly completed and displayed on the passenger side windshield no later than 5pm.
- It is illegal for any person or organization, to offer for sale, expose for sale or acquire for the purpose of sale any residential parking permit or daily parking permit. This includes posting permits for sale on websites or offering permits in conjunction with event tickets. Violators are subject to a fine of up to $1500 and banned from purchasing residential daily parking permits.
- Parking Restriction Reminders: There is No Parking on Addison (North Side) from Clark to Ashland from 4pm until 11:30pm during all night games, Clark Street (east side) from Waveland to Irving Park two hours before until one hour after all baseball games and, Eddy (North Side) from Racine East to the Brown Lot Entrance two Hours before until one hour after all baseball games.
- Vehicles in violation of parking regulations resulting in a public safety hazard, such as Bus Stops No Parking/Tow Zones, crosswalks, driveways, alleys, etc. are subject to immediate ticket and tow.
- The Cubs Hotline is operated One Hour before until Two Hours after all baseball games and concerts. To report parking violations and other quality of life issues, please call 1-866-427-3869 that require Police attention. Please call 911 for Police emergencies. Any issues or comments pertaining to the Baseball game or Concert should be directed to the Chicago Cubs at 773-404-CUBS or Neighors@cubs.com.
- The Police/OEMC may be implementing traffic “slowdowns” in order to regulate the amount of traffic coming into the area at the same time. In addition, during Pre & Post Game, at the discretion of the Police / OEMC, Addison between Racine and Halsted and Clark between Newport/Sheffield and Grace may be closed to vehicular traffic as a Public Safety measure. While this may be inconvenient, public safety is of the utmost importance.
- Street Closures: Waveland: Clark to Sheffield and Sheffield: Addison to Waveland will be closed approximately two hours prior to game time until at least one hour following the end of game or until the Police/OEMC deem those streets are safe to reopen to vehicular traffic.
- Truck traffic is prohibited in the Wrigley Field Security Perimeter bound by Belmont and Irving Park /Halsted and Racine two hours prior and until one hour after all games and concerts.
- Expect heightened Police presence and enhanced security measures throughout the Wrigley Field Area. Please have Identification available for presentation to any law enforcement officer or traffic management agent upon request.
_ _ _ _
As a unique part of our community, Wrigley Field holds many events within the neighborhood. Click the links below to learn more about the interaction between Wrigley and Lakeview.
- Wrigley Field Parking Restriction Reminders
- Cubs in the Community
- Neighborhood Protection Plan
- Cubs Schedule
- Night Game Parking
- Wrigley Field Construction Updates
- Chicago Cubs Neighborhood Parking Permit (Toyota Camry Lot)
To view the Cubs 2019 Neighborhood Protection Plan Report, please click here.
Wrigley Field neighbors residing within the 60613, 60614, 60640 and 60657 zip codes interested in joining the new list can visit the Cubs Front Office at 1101 W. Waveland Ave. to sign up.
To join the list, you will need to provide documentation that lists your name and current street address. Acceptable documentation includes a valid driver’s license, state issued identification card, vehicle registration or recent utility or credit card bill. Please note you may only register yourself.
By updating the list, the Cubs hope to continue to ensure special offers made available to neighbors who live in our community. Please contact the Cubs at email@example.com for more information.