This is the current site of the Craftsman Plating and Tinning Corp. located between West Melrose and West School Streets. Commercial operations were wound up at the end of September, 2018 and the site has been committed to a local real estate development company. The site measures approximately 41,000 sq ft and will become home to new residential housing consistent with the quality and character of the surrounding neighborhood. The developer proposes to construct 28 townhomes, with a distinct façade for each street-facing unit. The project will be complemented by a generously proportioned and landscaped central esplanade, as well as off-street, underground parking for each unit. The underground parking will be accessed via the north-south alley between West Melrose and West School Streets. No new curb-cuts are being proposed. Site remediation and construction should take approximately 18 months to complete and would begin during the autumn of 2019.
This proposed development project will be presented at the next meeting of the West Lakeview Neighborhood Association to be held at 6:30pm on March 11, 2019 at The Butcher’s Tap (3553 North Southport Ave.).
- Dimension Site Plan – 4.1.19
- PRESENTATION 03 27 19
- 1225 WEST SCHOOL _ MATERIAL CONSIDERATION
- 1225 WEST SCHOOL 03 07 19 – Sheet – A101 – BASEMENT & SITE PLAN
- 1225 WEST SCHOOL 02 06 19 – Sheet – A101 – FIRST FLOOR AND ESPLANADE
- 1225 WEST SCHOOL 02 06 19 – Sheet – V101 – VIEWS
- 1225 WEST SCHOOL 02 06 19 – Sheet – A200 – SCHOOL & MELROSE ELEVATIONS
- 1225 WEST SCHOOL 02 06 19 – Sheet – A202 – ESPLANADE ELEVATIONS