Chicago Aldermanic Internship
Position: Student Intern for Alderman Tom Tunney, 44th Ward
Location: 44th Ward Office, 3223 N. Sheffield Ave.
Hours: 12-20 Hours Per Week, Minimum
Ideal candidates will be studying or have strong interest in the fields of government, political science, public relations, public service, journalism and communications. Candidates will be expected to manage and facilitate several projects at once. Strong communication, research and computer skills are required. Seeking a self-starter that preemptively takes initiative. Must have customer service experience.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Processing constituent and City service requests
· Researching legislation and policy
· Attending selected CAPS and community meetings with staff
· Attending City Council meetings with staff
· Assisting with preparation and execution of office meetings and special events
· Miscellaneous clerical work (letters, filing, faxing, copying)
· Other duties as needed or assigned
The 44th Ward is a dynamic and thriving neighborhood located in the heart of Chicago’s Lakeview Community. The ward includes Wrigley Field, the Southport Corridor, Northalsted, Lakeview East and Belmont Harbor. The office is easily accessed by the CTA’s Red, Brown and Purple lines as well as many major bus routes. Street parking is also available in the area.
The office is open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. Internship hours are flexible, but a set schedule will need to be established. *Please note, this is an in-person internship, hybrid is not an option*
Check out our website, www.44thWard.org, or find us on Facebook – Tom Tunney.
Please direct all resumes, cover letters, and questions to Jessica Papp at Jessica.email@example.com