On June 11, 2020, the North Lake Shore Drive project team held Task Force (TF) Meeting #11 virtually through the online webinar platform, Zoom. This format was chosen based on existing public health and safety guidance. Task Force members were invited to attend one of two identical two and a half hour sessions. The first session was held in the morning from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.; the second one was held from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Representatives from the Corridor Planning Committee and all Task Force Groups were in attendance.
The North Lake Shore Drive project team provided a brief recap of Task Force Meeting #10 prior to addressing the main comment and question themes that were heard at Task Force Meeting #10. The key themes included:
- Baseline improvements common to all alternatives
- Refinements to 4+1 Contraflow Bus Only Lane Alternative (4+1 CBOL)
- NLSD and climate change
- Managed Lanes management strategies
- Transit mode share
- Managed Lanes alternatives evaluation criteria and results
After the updated Managed Lanes alternatives evaluation criteria and results were reviewed, the project team presented the updated ratio scoring results. Based on these results, it was recommended that the 3+1 Managed Lane (3+1 ML) alternative be carried forward to Level 3 Screening. The 3+1 ML alternative would be carried forward, along with the Context Tailored Treatments Plus Transit Advantages (CTT+TA) alternative and the Dedicated Transitway-Left (DTW-L) alternative reviewed at previous Task Force meetings. The project team also provided a preview of Public Meeting #4 and the Level 3 Screening preliminary evaluation criteria. The meeting presentation concluded with the study’s next steps.
While this Task Force meeting did not include a workshop, the design team provided an opportunity for active participation with attendees, encouraging them to submit questions using the Zoom Question and Answer function. There were two designated question-and-answer periods during the presentation which provided time for panelists to respond to Task Force members’ questions submitted via Zoom. The project team will provide a comprehensive response guide to all questions that were submitted during the meeting. This will be posted below when available. In addition to the meeting materials, updated exhibits of the three alternatives recommended to be carried forward to Level 3 Screening have been provided below.
In total, there were 77 Task Force members who attended, as follows:
Morning Session – 39
Afternoon Session – 38
Project Study Group members observed and facilitated the Task Force meetings.
MEETING MATERIALS: (PDF)
- Grand to Diversey: CTT Top Performing Alternative with Transit Advantages
- Diversey to Montrose: CTT Top Performing Alternative with Transit Advantages
- Montrose to Hollywood: CTT Top Performing Alternative with Transit Advantages
- Grand to Diversey: Dedicated Transitway-Left
- Diversey to Montrose: Dedicated Transitway-Left
- Montrose to Hollywood: Dedicated Transitway-Left
- Grand to Diversey: Managed Lane Access for 3+1 Managed Lane
- Diversey to Montrose: Managed Lane Access for 3+1 Managed Lane
- Montrose to Hollywood: Managed Lane Access for 3+1 Managed Lane