Safety is at the center of all we do at Peoples Gas. As information about the new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we are committed to taking preventive measures to reduce the risk to our communities while providing the essential services you depend on, including responding to any emergency situations.
To date, we have taken the following steps:
- Our employees are proactively following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations, including:
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Washing their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always washing hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoiding touching their eyes, nose and mouth.
- Covering a cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash. If no tissue, sneezing or coughing into elbow, not hands.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- We have emphasized the need for our field crews to avoid close contact with large groups and anyone who appears sick.
- We also have implemented travel restrictions for our employees and are limiting visitors to our facilities.
Please help us in limiting the spread of COVID-19. We are happy to reschedule service appointments for customers who feel ill. Simply contact us at 866-556-6001 for a new appointment.
As we’ve seen over the past few days, conditions with COVID-19 are rapidly changing. We continue to work with medical experts and monitor updates from the World Health Organization, the CDC and the Centers for Public Health, and state and local health agencies on a frequent basis.
Through these unprecedented times, our focus remains on providing you with safe and reliable energy service.
Thank you. It is through all of our collective efforts that we can reduce the risk to each other.