Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT) Construction Notice:
Clark St. from Diversey to Addison ADA Ramp Improvement Project
- All non-ADA compliant crosswalks within the corridor will be upgraded to ADA compliant crosswalks.
- Several crosswalks will include curb extension and additional sidewalk areas to improve pedestrian visibility and reduce crossing distance to make the crosswalks safer for all users.
- All traffic lanes will remain open to vehicular traffic during construction. Parking restrictions will be posted at location when work is occurring.
- The construction work will consist of removing the existing curb and sidewalk at intersection corners and installing new concrete curb, gutter and sidewalk.
- Work along the east side of Clark St. will begin on Thursday, October 18th and be completed by Thursday, November 1st.
- Work on the west side of Clark St. will begin once the east side is complete, approximately November 1st, and be completed by Thursday, November 15th.
- Contact CDOT field representative John Fawcett at (630)244-9957 with any questions or Dan Manoli with the 44th Ward at (773)525-6034.