2019 Cubs Opening Day Information
As Wrigley Field and local businesses prepare for the upcoming baseball season, expect increased traffic and delivery trucks in the area surrounding the ballpark on Clark, Sheffield, Waveland and Addison.
- Opening Day is Monday April 8th with a scheduled start time of 1:20pm. Gates will open at least two hours prior to the game.
- OPENING DAY PARKING RESTRICTIONS: Monday, April 8th 10 a.m. – midnight
Please note, vehicles parked in these areas will be ticketed and towed beginning promptly at 10:00 a.m.:
- Addison from Racine to Fremont (both sides)
- Addison from Clark west to approximately 1107 W. Addison (south side)
- Clark from Newport to Irving Park (both sides)
- Patterson from Clark to Racine (both sides)
- Eddy and Cornelia from Clark to the alley west of Clark (both sides)
- Residential Permit Parking (Zone 383) will be strictly enforced. As an added neighborhood protection, Permit Parking Zone 383 from Belmont to Irving and Broadway to Ashland within the 44th Ward is a Tow Zone from 5pm to 10pm. Vehicles parked in violation of Residential Permit Parking regulations are subject to ticket and/or tow beginning at 5pm for all night games.
- Residential Parking Guest Passes are valid on night games and must be properly completed and displayed on the passenger side windshield no later than 5pm.
- It is illegal for any person or organization, to offer for sale, expose for sale or acquire for the purpose of sale any residential parking permit or daily parking permit. This includes posting permits for sale on websites or offering permits in conjunction with event tickets. Violators are subject to a fine of up to $1500 and banned from purchasing residential daily parking permits.
- Reminders: There is No Parking on Addison (North Side) from Clark to Ashland from 4pm until 11:30pm during all night games and on Eddy (North Side) from Racine East to the Brown Lot Entrance two Hours before until one hour after all baseball games.
- Vehicles in violation of parking regulations resulting in a public safety hazard, such as Bus Stops No Parking/Tow Zones, crosswalks, driveways, alleys, etc. are subject to immediate ticket and tow.
- The Cubs Hotline is operated one hour before until two hours after all baseball games and concerts. To report parking violations and other quality of life issues, please call 1-866-427-3869 that require Police attention. Please call 911 for Police emergencies. Any issues or comments pertaining to the Baseball game or Concert should be directed to the Chicago Cubs at (773)404-CUBS or Neighbors@cubs.com.
- The Police/OEMC will be implementing traffic “slowdowns” in order to regulate the amount of traffic coming into the area at the same time. In addition, during Pre & Post Game, at the discretion of the Police / OEMC, Addison between Racine and Halsted and Clark between Newport/Sheffield and Grace may be closed to vehicular traffic as a Public Safety measure. While this may be inconvenient, public safety is of the utmost importance.
- Truck traffic is prohibited in the Wrigley Field Security Perimeter bound by Belmont and Irving Park /Halsted and Racine two hours prior and until one hour after all games and concerts.
- Expect heightened police presence and enhanced security measures throughout the Wrigley Field Area. Please have Identification available for presentation to any law enforcement officer or traffic management agent upon request.