Archives for 2021
Chicago Moves to Lighter COVID Restriction Tier
Governor Pritzker just announced the opening up of businesses located in Region 11 (City of Chicago) to Tier 1 Mitigation starting TOMORROW, January 23.
Please note the following changes:
Bars and restaurants
- Indoor service limited to 25% capacity or 25 persons per room, which ever is lower
- No tables exceeding 4 people indoors an 6 people outside
- Suspend indoor service if not serving food
- Outdoor, delivery and takeout service continues under updated hour
- Face coverings must be worn at all times, except when patrons are seated and actively eating or drinking.
- Patrons must be seated whenever they are eating or drinking
- Tables must be six feet apart
- All bars and restaurants must close at 11pm
- Indoor service limited to no more than two hours
Food must be available at all times in order to offer indoor service. This means that bars, taverns or breweries without a food license can reopen indoors as long as they partner with a food establishment so that food is available to patrons at all times (e.g., making menus available and allowing delivery, allowing patrons to order from third-party delivery services).