Have a voice in our Country's Future: Register to Vote!
Where/How to register:
- At our office by bringing in two forms of identification; one form MUST show your current address.
- At the Board of Election office located at 69 W. Washington, Suite 600, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- When you renew your driver's license or are visiting any state agency.
- At the Chicago Board of Elections website by printing out a voter registration form to be filled out and mailed back to the Chicago Board of Elections.
Frequently asked questions
Who can register?
Anyone who is 18 or over, a citizen of the United States, and a resident of their precinct at least 30 days prior to an election, can register.
What do I need?
- Two (2) forms of identification, with at least one (1) showing your current address.
- Examples of acceptable I.D.: Driver's License/State I.D., Credit Card, Employee I.D., Social Security Card, Student I.D., Utility Bill, Mail, and your Lease.
Do I need to re-register before every election?
No. The only time you need to re-register is when you change your address (even when you move within the ward), or change your name.
How do I know if I am registered?
Check the Chicago Board of Election website to find out.
To vote in an election, when do I need to register by?
To vote in an election, you MUST be registered thirty (30) days before the election.