The Department of Water Management reminds us that we still need to deal with stormwater in the fall and winter months. Stormwater management can greatly reduce backups and flooding in basements when water and waste in overwhelmed sewers have nowhere else to go. By reducing your water output during storms, making sure only rain goes down the drain, disposing of fats, oils, and greases properly and disconnecting your downspout you can help keep our sewers flowing and water out of your basement.
- Sweep up leaves from driveways, sidewalks, and streets.
- Clean roof gutters and drains of leaves.
- Keep nearby catch basin grates clear of yard waste and trash.
- Don’t litter or dump anything in storm drains. Storm drains are for rain only.
- Avoid running a dishwasher or washing machine during storms.
- Use a commercial car wash or wash your car over grass or gravel instead of on a driveway or in the street.
- Do not dump fats/oils/greases in private drains. · Disconnect your downspout from the sewer system. See DWM’s website for a guide on downspout disconnection.
- Before winter, empty your rain barrel and store in a garage or shed.
Details on this Friday’s Budweiser Concert Series show with
Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats at Gallagher Way
In partnership with 93XRT, Gallagher Way will host the Budweiser Concert Series with Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats Friday, October 8. In preparation for this show, please see detailed logistical information below.
Gallagher Way gates open at 6 p.m. CDT to ticketholders. Live music begins at 8 p.m. CDT with the opening band, the Heavy Hours, followed by Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats. Please note sound checks are scheduled to take place from 1-3 p.m. CDT on October 8.
Gallagher Way will employ security personnel for this event to help monitor crowds and serve as a visible deterrent to crime and suspicious behavior. For more information and answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about events at Gallagher Way, visit www.gallagherway.com or call 773-388-8260. You also may email questions firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support of our upcoming event!