The Chicago Park District maintains 12 dog friendly areas throughout the city. The two nearest to the 44th Ward are: Montrose Beach, Wilson Avenue and the Lake; and Noethling Park (Wiggly Field), 2645 N. Sheffield Ave.
Dog Waste Bag Dispensers
Our ward loves its' pets. However, along with our companions come challenges. One is those who don't clean up after their pets. To make this easier, we have installed dispensers with biodegradable bags around the ward (all found on lightpoles) at the following locations:
- Lake Shore Drive and Roscoe (at the underpass)
- Lake Shore Drive and Briar (start of path to the lake)
- Lake Shore Drive and Barry
- Lake Shore Drive and Wellington
- Lake Shore Drive and Diversey
- Seminary and Newport
- Seminary and Barry (Northwest corner)
- Southport and Grace
- Southport and Cornelia (Near Sheil Park, Southwest corner)
- Belmont and Hudson (west of Hudson)
Please pick up after your pets. Not only is not picking up a messy nuisance, it is also a health hazard. It's also against the law. Help protect all residents of the 44th Ward, human and animal, as well as the environment.
Dogs are required to have a license in the City of Chicago. For information on obtaining a dog license, visit the the City Clerk's website.
Dog Guide Book
Click here for a downloadable copy of the City's Dog Guide book pertaining to licenses, leashes, etc.)