Disabled Parking

Residential disabled parking was established to provide disabled residents with accessible parking in front of their residences. In order to apply to have a spot blocked off in front of your house, you must have a disabled placard or plate. Applications for disabled parking signs are available at the 44th Ward Service Office.

Disabled placard of license plates are obtained through the Illinois Secretary of State. Click here for the Secretary of State website. 

You may mail the completed application to the Department of Finance:

P.O. Box 803100
Chicago, IL 60680-3100
ATTN: Disabled Permit Section

When submitting an application, please include a copy of your disabled placard or plate, proof of residency, and a $70.00 check or money order made out to the City of Chicago Department of Finance.

If the Department of Finance recommends that the signs be installed, notice will be sent to the applicant, the Alderman's Ward Office, the Committee on Pedestrian and Public Safety and the Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities. The City Council will review the findings of the Committee on Pedestrian and Public Safety and vote on the passage of the permit. If the Department of Finance determines that signs cannot be recommended, notice will be sent to the applicant and the application fee will be refunded. The applicant may appeal the Department of Finance's decision to the Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities within 10 days of the denial.

For more information on this program, please click here.

Disabled Parking Sign Removal

If the applicant moves, becomes deceased or is no longer a person with a disability, notice must be provided to the Department of Revenue.

Parking Information Street Cleaning 44th Ward Safety