Bruce Springsteen Concert Information
On Friday, September 7th, and Saturday, September 8th, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will be performing at Wrigley Field here in the 44th Ward. Below, you can find all the information on street closures, parking restrictions and what to expect in our neighborhood.
Sheffield - Addison to Waveland - Closed 9/3 - 9/10
Waveland- Clark to Sheffield - Closed 9/7 & 9/8 (during the event)
There will be No Parking on the following streets on both Friday, September 7th and Saturday, September 8th between the hours of 4:00pm and 3:00am:
Clark- (both sides) Cornelia to Waveland
Clark (East Side Only) Addison to Irving Park
Eddy Street- In front of Brown Lot between Racine & Seminary
Addison (Both Sides) Racine to Wilton
Waveland (Both Sides) Clark to Sheffield 9/3 - 9/10 (At All Times)
What to Expect as Concert Setup/Takedown Takes Place:
September 3rd - 7th
• Trucks, cranes, forklifts, etc. will beginning lining up on Waveland at approximately 7:00am on September 3rd and proceed to Sheffield where they will be unloaded and move materials into the ballpark until September 7th.
• Throughout the week, Wrigley Field will be transformed into a concert venue with the installation of staging, sound and lighting equipment. Seating areas will be added to field.
• The lights at Wrigley Field will be on throughout the week as the concert setup/takedown takes place. The lights will be on at Wrigley Field as follows:
Monday, Sept. 3 : 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Tuesday, Sept. 4th : 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Wednesday, Sept. 5th : 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday, Sept. 6th : 4:00pm - 12:00am
Friday, Sept. 7th : 4:00pm - 12:00am
Saturday, Sept. 8th : 12:00 am - 2:00 am & 4:00 pm - 12:00am
Sunday, Sept. 9th : 12:00am - 6:00am & 4:00pm - 10:00pm
September 8th & 9th
• Trucks, cranes, Forklifts, etc. will beginning lining up on Waveland at approximately 9:00pm where they will be loaded as materials are removed from the ballpark.
• Trucks will be in the neighborhood as stage is torn down. All work should be complete no later than 10:00pm on Sunday, September 9th.
Sound & Lighting Checks:
Sound and lighting checks will be done upon completion of setup on Thursday evening (timing has not be determined at this point) and again on both Friday and Saturday evening at approximately 4:00pm.
Blue Lot Parking:
Residents must remove their vehicles from the Blue Lot by 7:00am on Friday, September 7th and may return on Monday, September 10th at 7:00pm. Vehicles remaining in the Blue Lot may be towed at the sole discretion of the Chicago Cubs.
Concert Day Highlights:
• Gates will open at 5:30pm.
• Performance begins at approximately 7:30pm and will end at approximately 11:30 pm
• Residential Permit Parking Zone 383 will be in effect. Vehicles parked in violation of the parking regulations are subject to ticket.
• Priority towing will take place in all special areas designated as No Parking (Clark, Addison, Eddy (Brown Lot) & Waveland).
• Vehicles parking in violation of parking regulations resulting in a public hazard, such as bus stops, No Parking/Tow Zones, crosswalks, driveways, alleys, etc. will be strictly enforced and are subject to ticket and tow.
• The Cubs Hotline will be open one Hour before until two hours after the concerts (1-866-4CPD TOW).
• Limousines and Taxis will be encouraged to load and unload passengers on Clark, south of Addison and on Clark between Waveland and Grace.
• During pre- and post concerts, at the discretion of the Police and/or OEMC, Addison between Racine and Halsted may be closed to vehicular traffic as a public safety measure. Traffic will then be rerouted North/South on Racine/Halsted. While this may be inconvenient, public safety is of the utmost importance.
• "Hospitality teams" an independent third party hired by the Chicago Cubs will be throughout the neighborhood between 9:30pm and 2:00am. The team aims to provide a visible presence in the community and provide post-concert crowd observation and incident response. Look for the team in bright yellow jerseys.
• Residents are encouraged to contact either the Night Game Hotline or 911 to report problems and issues.
• TAILGAITING AND ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION ON THE PUBLIC WAY ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.